Weather permitting, there will be a free public stargazing session outside McDonald's at Bishan Park today 14 March 2015 from 7:45pm till late.
Come join us to look at Jupiter, star cloud and star clusters through our telescopes! And if we are staying late after midnight, the amazing Saturn (with rings!) and breathtaking last quarter Moon!
This is the location of McDonald's at Bishan Park --> Google Map
For those taking public transport:
(1) Take train to Bishan MRT.
(2) Cross the overhead bridge to the bus stop (opposite Junction 8 mall).
(3) Take bus 13, 52 or 88,
(4) Alight at the second or third bus stop.
(5) Walk towards tallest building you see (Clover By The Park condominium)
(6) The park and McDonald's is just behind this condominium.
Please take note there is free SG50 concert at the park just opposite McDonald's today. Featuring local singers Kit Chan and Oliver Ong. More information about this concert can be found in this Straits Times article.
So for those who are driving, please take note of potential lack of parking space in the carpark inside Bishan Park. Please park nearby elsewhere or take public transport.
So come join us with your family and friends and enjoy a great start to the school holidays!
Follow my Twitter @astrosg for latest updates.