Back by popular demand, we will be conducting a stargazing event at SAFRA Jurong this coming Saturday evening
Topic: Stargazing for Beginners
Date: Saturday, 17 Aug 2013.
From: 7:30pm till late
Location: SAFRA Jurong, Evergreen Room.
Admission is FREE. No pre-registration required.
Weather permitting, there will be a live stargazing session at SAFRA Jurong's multi-purpose outdoor court!
You will then be able to look some of the best privately-owned telescopes in Singapore. Observe the rings of Saturn, colourful double stars and Moon's craters, valleys and mountains live! You may even take beautiful Moon photos with just your mobile phone handheld over the telescope!
Location of SAFRA Jurong:
- Official website: http://www.safra.sg
- Street Directory
- Google Map
- Google Map Street View
Directions to SAFRA Jurong:
View Larger Map
By MRT: Alight at Boon Lay MRT Station and walk South towards the T-junction formed by Boon Lay Way and Jurong West Street 64. You should see Jurong Central Park to your left along the way.
By Bus: Alight at Boon Lay Bus Interchange and walk South towards the T-junction formed by Boon Lay Way and Jurong West Street 64. You should see Jurong Central Park to your left along the way.
Bus services at Boon Lay Bus Interchange: 30, 79, 154, 157, 172, 174, 174e, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 182M, 187, 192.
By Car: Drive along Boon Lay Way, turn left into the SAFRA main entrance and then into the underground car park. Parking fees per session from 6pm onwards: $1.66 (SAFRA members), $3.45 (non members). From 6:00pm onward.
- Free car-parking right at the observation site and power supply for telescope volunteers. The cash-card deduction at entrance will be reimbursed on that night.
- Telescope volunteers who are keen to participate, please PM or email me at gary[at]astro.sg.
- Carpark is just below the observation spot. Just take a lift up. Easy to transport big telescopes with a trolley.
- We can stay there at least up to 3:00am the next morning.
So bring your family and friends along and have fun-filled starry evening!